Re: How to get correct error message before logging to database - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Andrus
Subject Re: How to get correct error message before logging to database
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi!

>That is many versions past. The only thing I can think of at the moment is:
>https://odbc.postgresql.org/docs/release.html
>psqlODBC 09.05.0100 Release
>Changes:
>     Use libpq for all communication with the server
>     Previously, libpq was only used for authentication. Using it for all
> communication lets us remove a lot of duplicated code. libpq is now
> required for building or using libpq.
>You might try the version immediately preceding the above:
>psqlODBC 09.03.0400
>to see if you get the old behavior or new.

09.03.0400 returns proper error message on login with invalid server
address:

could not translate host name "xxx" to address: Unknown host

AERROR() returns also sql error code.

How to get proper error message in 09.05.0300 ?
Maybe libpq does not return error messages before connection is established.
I can post odbc log if this helps.

Andrus.