[GENERAL] the "PgJDBC driver is not an executable" message - Mailing list pgsql-general

From scott ribe
Subject [GENERAL] the "PgJDBC driver is not an executable" message
Date
List pgsql-general
Well you know the old saying: "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"!

So an attempt was made to help people who download the JDBC driver and then try to "run" it:

https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/pull/112/files

But here's a fun side effect:

If you add a .jar to an Eclipse project that has a main(), Eclipse adds a new run configuration with that class as the
mainclass, and further makes that the current selected config, automatically and silently. Took me a little bit to
figurethat one out... (because I'm a novice Eclipse user...)

So, is it worth adding some explanatory text?

It was really annoying to suddenly start getting this message when I never had any intention of "running" the JDBC
driver;-)

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@killerybtes.com