Re: Tomcat - PostgreSQL - Cannot load JDBC driver class "n - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Andreas Prohaska
Subject Re: Tomcat - PostgreSQL - Cannot load JDBC driver class "n
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hm, what a strange and weird problem you are having. Your setup is look
exactly the
same as mine. When you start Tomcat and have a look at it's log, what does
the log
say about the configured resources. Is it something like this:

    NamingContextListener[...]: Creating JNDI naming context
    NamingContextListener[...]:   Resource parameters for
jdbc/PersonalDb= ResourceParams[name=jdbc/PersonalDb,
    NamingContextListener[...]:   Adding resource ref jdbc/PersonalDb
    NamingContextListener[...]:
ResourceRef[className=javax.sql.DataSource,.......
    NamingContextListener[...]:   Resource parameters for
UserTransaction = null

which would be ok, or more something like that

    NamingContextListener[...]: Creating JNDI naming context
    NamingContextListener[...]:   Resource parameters for
jdbc/PersonalDb= null
    NamingContextListener[...]:   Adding resource ref jdbc/PersonalDb
    NamingContextListener[...]:
ResourceRef[className=javax.sql.DataSource,...
    NamingContextListener[...]:   Resource parameters for
UserTransaction = null

which would be wrong, because it doesn't assign the resource parameters.

Besides that you seem to have multiple versions of some libraries in your
common/lib directory. Although it should still work, I would remove those
copies. Who knows? It might help.

You don't have to do anything with your classpath.

I think that there is a problem if you do not have compatible versions
of commons-dbpc.jar and commons-pool.jar. As far as I can remember there
have been some bugfixes for DBPC that are only available in a nightly
build (not the release version), but the nightly build requires a not
yet released version of commons-pool. However, it should report this with
an exception, shouldn't it?

Sorry, that I can only guess...

    Andreas