fmgr, C , and character arguments - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joel Dudley
Subject fmgr, C , and character arguments
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello all,
   I am having a bit of trouble getting my arguments formatted into  a
command string for system(). Here is what I have so far for code.

#include <string.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include "postgres.h"
#include "fmgr.h"

PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1(ssh_exec);

Datum
ssh_exec(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS)
{
        char    *uname = PG_GETARG_CHAR(0);
        char    *uid = PG_GETARG_CHAR(1);
        char    *gid = PG_GETARG_CHAR(2);

        strncpy(sshcmd, "/usr/local/bin/plsshexec ", 255);
        strncat(sshcmd, *uname, 255);
        strncat(sshcmd, " ", 255);
        strncat(sshcmd, *uid, 255);
        strncat(sshcmd, " ", 255);
        strncat(sshcmd, *gid, 255);
        system(sshcmd);
        return 0;
}

I am thinking that strncpy is not a bad idea after moving to the V-1
function manager interface. As I am sure you can see I am a C hack at best.
what is the best way to format the string and make this code work? memcpy?
Thanks for reading my post.

- Joel