Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] win32 setitimer implementation - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Claudio Natoli
Subject Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] win32 setitimer implementation
Date
List pgsql-patches

> Here is a patch that implements setitimer() on win32. With this patch
> applied, deadlock detection and statement_timeout now works.
>
> The file timer.c goes into src/backend/port/win32/.

Minor comments:

* "timer.c" has shmem.c in header
* I'd suggest Asserts on the remaining 2 limitations ("zero" it_interval and
NULL ovalue), on the off chance that some future change to the source
expects them (ie. so we'll find out about it under win32 pretty quickly);
possibly provide defines of ITIMER_VIRT and ITIMER_PROF, for completeness.

Looks good,
Claudio

---
<a