PG vs MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrey Shcherbina
Subject PG vs MySQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm sure this question was asked before but I can't find the answer.

I've just started looking at options of runnnig Linux-based (actually, I
need something free :) database engines with MS Access as a front-end. I
can't find any comparison between PostgreSQL and MySQL. It seems so far that
PG is better (people tend to migrate to PG, not vice versa) and that's why
I'm asking this question on PG newsgroup but not on MySQL. Anyway, it would
be really nice to have that information on what exactly is different in the
engines.

Thank you,
Andrey Shcherbina