Re: URGENT: Index problems - update - please help .... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Brett
Subject Re: URGENT: Index problems - update - please help ....
Date
List pgsql-general
many thanks for the help.

i found the instructions on a mailing list via a search of the web.

i eventually added a btree index but was under the (probably mistaken!)
impression that hash indexes were better for varchar values.

once again many thanks,

Steve
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote in message
> "Steve Brett" <steve.brett@e-mis.com> writes:
> > i followed the instructions very carefully and get the following error
when
> > i try to run pg_upgrade ..
>
> pg_upgrade hasn't worked since 7.0.  Where did you find instructions
> that told you to run it?
>
> >> I added a hash index to a varchar value and when i vacuumed i got the
> >> following error:
> >>
> >> Index customer_ha_hash: NUMBER OF INDEX' TUPLES (9176) IS NOT THE SAME
AS