Authorization problem - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Pedro Fonseca
Subject Authorization problem
Date
List pgsql-admin
Greetings!

I have 2 PostgreSQL users created. I'd like access to a database restricted
only to one of these users. As it is, in pg_hba.conf, any PostgreSQL user
can connect locally to any database whatsoever:

# TYPE    DATABASE    IP_ADDRESS    MASK             AUTHTYPE    MAP
local     all                                        trust
host      all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255  trust

I have TCP/IP based connections disabled. What I would like would be
something like:

# TYPE    DATABASE    IP_ADDRESS    MASK             AUTHTYPE    MAP
local     test_db                                    ident       test_db_map

The problem is that the ident AUTHTYPE can only be used for TCP/IP
connections. How do I tell PostgreSQL that I only want to allow
postgres_user_1 to connect to test_db, and not every user? And how do I do
this without using passwords and TCP/IP connections?

Thanks in advance.

Pedro Fonseca (pedro.fonseca@iscte.pt)
Mob.: (+351)964598357
http://www.pedrofonseca.com
ADETTI/ISCTE (Instituto Superior de Ci�ncias do Trabalho e da Empresa)