VB 6 pro to postgres suggestion needed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pat M
Subject VB 6 pro to postgres suggestion needed
Date
List pgsql-general
I have scads of documentation on how to connect to and use databases with
VB. Problem is, there's TOO much damned information. Appears that there is
about 9,932,234.3 methods available.

Can anyone suggest what method would be the closest to just using SQL and
not having all these stupid widgety in the way? Something that would act
more like the pg functions of PHP (pg_connect, pg_exec, that sort of thing)
instead of making me bind databases and tables to little push buttony kludgy
MS junk...

Oh yes, I'm aiming for a pure client/server - no activex middle tiers or
anything like that.

I have the docs so don't feel obligated to try and explain the whole
process. just point me and I'll read 8)