Re: [HACKERS] Case sensitive file names - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Colin 't Hart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Case sensitive file names
Date
List pgsql-general
Peter Bierman:

> While checking out TOT pgsql today onto an HFS+ file system
(case-preserving, case-insensitive), I hit the following CVS conflict:

> pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb/Unicode/utf8_to_alt.map
pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb/Unicode/utf8_to_ALT.map

> HFS+ can not store two differerent files in a path that differs only by
case.

> Mac OS X users will be grateful if you can find a way to rename one of
these files.

I had that problem today to -- I work under Cygwin on Windows 2000; NTFS is
also case-preserving but case-insensitive:

U pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb/Unicode/utf8_to_ALT.map
cvs checkout: move away pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb/Unicode/utf8_to_alt.map;
it is in the way
C pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb/Unicode/utf8_to_alt.map

Cheers,

Colin