Perl_save_vptr - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kurt Miller
Subject Perl_save_vptr
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Please help with this one!

When I was upgrading to 7.1.2 I had problems getting plperl to compile.
During createlang I got messages about "Perl_save_vptr" etc. I saw a
reference to a similar message in the newsgroup and used Peter Eisentraut's
"wildish guess" patch and recompiled.

---patch-------
>>Here's a wildish guess:  Get out your PostgreSQL sources, go to the
>>directory src/backend/port/dynloader, file linux.h and change
>>
>>    dlopen(f, 2)

>>    dlopen(f, RTLD_LAZY | RTLD_GLOBAL)
>>
>>and rebuild the backend
---end patch--

After that rebuild, creatlang worked and I thought I was all set to go.
But...the backend now terminates during a select which contains a call to a
plperl function.

Technical data:    (PostgreSQL) 7.1.2
                          perl, v5.6.1 built for i686-linux
                          Linux shifty.dph.sf.ca.us 2.2.14-5.0

Server log snippet:

postgres: miller omc [local] SELECT: error in loading shared libraries:
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i686-linux/auto/Opcode/Opcode.so: undefined symbol:
Perl_save_vptr
/usr/bin/postmaster: reaping dead processes...
/usr/bin/postmaster: CleanupProc: pid 1041 exited with status 32512
Server process (pid 1041) exited with status 32512 at Wed Aug 22 11:38:17
2001
Terminating any active server processes...
Server processes were terminated at Wed Aug 22 11:38:17 2001
Reinitializing shared memory and semaphores
etc...

Thanks in advance, -km