Ora2pg.pl - some feedback - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Susan Lane
Subject Ora2pg.pl - some feedback
Date
List pgsql-general
A few pointers if you're going to use ora2pg.pl to port your oracle schema
and data to postgres.

1)  For non-perl savvy folks - The script does not do this all at once -
uncomment one TYPE option at a time.   For example, say you want to export
your sequences, tables, and data (as in my case).  First uncomment type =>
'SEQUENCE' and run ora2pg.sql.  Save the output script as something else
other than output.sql.  Then comment that back and uncomment type => 'TABLE'
and run your script again - again saving output.sql as something
else.....etc.

2)  In order to export your data, your postgres db and tables should be
owned by the user name that runs ora2pg.pl.  Otherwise, you get all kinds of
creative errors.

Good news is that I was able to get this script to work for me.

Question - is there a way to change the owner of a postgres database after
it's been created?   I know I can alter table info, but is there something
to do this for the db?
--
Susan Lane
DPN, Incorporated