Re: Postgres and C/C++ - Mailing list pgsql-general

From missive@frontiernet.net (Lee Harr)
Subject Re: Postgres and C/C++
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 8 Jul 2001 17:39:09 +0000 (UTC), Brian Doyle <bcdoyle@mindspring.com>:
> Hello all,
>
> Where would I find examples of some C files that connect to a postgresql
> db  I am just starting out with c and know Postgresql rather well and have
> done a lot of development with  PHP.
>
> So I need to know what else do I need to write a C program that will
> connect to a database in Postgresql and thus interact with that database.
>
> The interface I am trying to create is in windows with Postgresql in linux.

Have you looked at chapters 52,53, and 54 in the documentation?

Section IV, Interfaces, in the docs talks about ecpg and libpq
and using them from C and C++

There is also information there about ODBC and use from Microsoft
windows

There are examples provided.