Re: Encrypting pg_shadow passwords - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From missive@frontiernet.net (Lee Harr)
Subject Re: Encrypting pg_shadow passwords
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I am not sure this fits in to this discussion (I guess I think
it does, since I am posting this message...)

We talk about how it is not good to be storing plain text
passwords, but I don't know what people are doing about
clients which are expected to connect without input from
an authorized user (ie. web scripts, or other public
applications with access to the database)

I have been:
creating users with minimum possible privileges, and
storing password in file with minimum possible privileges

What other options are there?