Re: CSVQL? CSV SQL? tab-separated table I/O? RENAME COLUMN - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: CSVQL? CSV SQL? tab-separated table I/O? RENAME COLUMN
Date
List pgsql-general
On 05/03/2018 09:47 AM, George Neuner wrote:
> On Wed, 2 May 2018 16:01:01 -0700, Adrian Klaver
> <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>
>> On 05/02/2018 02:29 PM, Jim Michaels wrote:
>>

>>> - the microsoft patented CSV would be required for implementation. it
>>> handles special data with commas and double-quotes in them
>>
>> Huh?:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma-separated_values#History
>

> Disclaimer ... I haven't investigated the claim.

Difficult because it is made up of dreams, wishes and nightmares:)

> However, I would not discount the possibility that Microsoft really
> has patented some variation of CSV.  They absolutely did *try* to
> copyright the use of + and - symbols for specifying addition and
> subtraction operations in VisualBASIC.

Not seeing it:

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=0&f=S&l=50&TERM1=microsoft&FIELD1=AANM&co1=AND&TERM2=csv&FIELD2=&d=PTXT

--