Re: How to improve db performance with $7K? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Vivek Khera
Subject Re: How to improve db performance with $7K?
Date
Re: How to improve db performance with $7K?
List pgsql-performance
On Apr 14, 2005, at 10:03 PM, Kevin Brown wrote:

> Now, bad block remapping destroys that guarantee, but unless you've
> got a LOT of bad blocks, it shouldn't destroy your performance, right?

ALL disks have bad blocks, even when you receive them.  you honestly
think that these large disks made today (18+ GB is the smallest now)
that there are no defects on the surfaces?

/me remembers trying to cram an old donated 5MB (yes M) disk into an
old 8088 Zenith PC in college...

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806

Attachment