Re: [SQL] Find rows with "timestamp out of range" - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [SQL] Find rows with "timestamp out of range"
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 06/19/2017 12:11 AM, Saiful Muhajir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a table with around *133 million rows* with two timestamp
> columns. While trying to copy some columns for a new database, using
> *\COPY *, the error occurred with: *timestamp out of range*
>
> ​While trying to​ figure out the rows containing the out of range value,
> I am using this with no result:
>

> *select comment_id, create_time from comments where create_time > '1 Jan
> 9999';
> * comment_id │ talk_id │ create_time
> ────────────┼─────────┼─────────────
> (0 rows)
>
> The error occurred when I query with:
>

> *select comment_id, create_time from comments where create_time < '1 Jan
> 1800';*
> ERROR:  22008: timestamp out of range
> LOCATION:  timestamp_out, timestamp.c:226

Do you really have timestamps in create_time that are before '1 Jan 1800'?

To put it another way, what is the range of values you would expect for
create_time?

> So, how do I figure out the rows with problems?

When you did the \copy and got the error, did it give you a row number
for the error?

Have you ever had the database or computer crash?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com