Regarding COPY command from Postgres 8.2.0 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From soni de
Subject Regarding COPY command from Postgres 8.2.0
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hello,

In Postgres 7.2.4, COPY command is working fine even if tables have 6 fields but we are copying only 5 fields from the file

But in Postgres 8.2.0, if table has 6 fields and we need to copy data for 5 fields only, then we need to specify the column names too in COPY command.

Is there any configurable option, so that without specifying column name in COPY command we can copy records in table as happened in Postgres 7.2.4?

Please provide us some help regarding above query.

Thanks,

Soni