pg_stat_progress_basebackup - progress reporting for pg_basebackup,in the server side - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject pg_stat_progress_basebackup - progress reporting for pg_basebackup,in the server side
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

pg_basebackup reports the backup progress if --progress option is specified,
and we can monitor it in the client side. I think that it's useful if we can
monitor the progress information also in the server side because, for example,
we can easily check that by using SQL. So I'd like to propose
pg_stat_progress_basebackup view that allows us to monitor the progress
of pg_basebackup, in the server side. Thought?

POC patch is attached.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao