Re: How to mesure transaction rate in Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: How to mesure transaction rate in Postgres
Date
List pgsql-admin
On 5/23/06, Meyer Marco <Marco.Meyer@intradoemea.com> wrote:

I've been asked for the transaction rate we have on an installed Postgres server. Where and how can I get this information. I could not find anything in the documentation. I have root access to the system.

this is definitelly not nice approach, but it works.
connect to database, and issue this command:
begin; create table not_previously_existsing(id int4); select xmin from pg_class where relname = 'not_previously_existsing'; rollback;

returned value is id of the transaction that created the table.
repeat this command every so often (mrtg does that every 5 minutes), and you can see how it grows.

depesz

--
http://www.depesz.com/ - nowy, lepszy depesz