Re: outdated (bad) information in pg_stat_activity - Mailing list pgsql-general

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: outdated (bad) information in pg_stat_activity
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/17/05, Harry Jackson <harryjackson@gmail.com> wrote:
On 12/17/05, hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@gmail.com> wrote:
>  must have missed that one. thanks - we are moving to 8.1 anyway (50-150%
> increase in performance for some specific tasks!).
For which tasks in particular are you seeing this king of gain?

so called "imports".
we get data from external source, check it's id number, fetch the same object from database (if it exists), compare, update changes. if it didn't exist earlier - insert.
such a procedure "touched" directly 7 tables, and about 20 other using triggers and other means of automation.

depesz