Re: Asymmetric partition-wise JOIN - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrei Lepikhov
Subject Re: Asymmetric partition-wise JOIN
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 18/10/2023 16:59, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2023 at 10:55 AM Andrei Lepikhov
>>> The relid is also used to track the scans at executor level. Since we
>>> have so many scans on A, each may be using different plan, we will
>>> need different ids for those.
>>
>> I don't understand this sentence. Which way executor uses this index of
>> RelOptInfo ?
>
> See Scan::scanrelid

Hi,

In the attachment, you will find a fresh version of the patch.
I've analysed the danger of the same RelOptInfo index for the executor.
In the examples I found (scared), it is still not a problem because
ExecQual() does all the jobs at one operation and doesn't intersect with
over operations. Of course, it is not a good design, and we will work on
this issue. But at least this code can be used in experiments.
Furthermore, I've shared some reflections on this feature. To avoid
cluttering the thread, I've published them in [1]. These thoughts
provide additional context and considerations for our ongoing work.

[1]
https://danolivo.substack.com/p/postgresql-asymmetric-join-technique?r=34q1yy

--
regards, Andrei Lepikhov