Re: I am now Linux and PostgreSQL user, have a question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Isiah Thomas
Subject Re: I am now Linux and PostgreSQL user, have a question
Date
List pgsql-general
I read some docunment say that to start the postgres service must type this
command

/etc/rc.d/init.d/postgres start

but I do have not that file.  do I missing something??

in other way,  my I do any other thing in service side?  it is because after
showing "DEBUG:  database system is in production state", I am not at
'postgres @ vtl>'mode, so, I cannot type any command.

"Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote in message
> Isiah Thomas writes:
>
> > /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
> > [postgres@vtl postgres]$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D
> > /usr/local/pgsql/data
> > \DEBUG:  database system was shut down at 2001-04-25 10:48:00 HKT
> > DEBUG:  CheckPoint record at (0, 1522124)
> > DEBUG:  Redo record at (0, 1522124); Undo record at (0, 0); Shutdown
TRUE