solaris and openssl - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Keith Handlon
Subject solaris and openssl
Date
List pgsql-odbc

I’m trying to get the 9.03.0300 odbc driver to work with ssl on solaris.  I get it to build fine.  But as soon as I add the sslmode connection option I’m getting rejected on the client end with the generic error.  I don’t see anything in the server logs (log_connections is turned on).

could not connect to server:

No such file or directory        Is the server running on host "<hostname>"

       (<ip_address>) and accepting       TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

I know the server is up and running and accepting ssl connections because I can connect to it from windows and linux both with and without ssl.  And the connection works fine without the sslmode option from solaris.

ldd doesn’t report any missing shared objects.  Nor does truss, though it appears from the truss log it may be searching the odbcinst for something.  I can’t seem to locate any unixodbc or postgresql doc that indicates any ssl odbcinst settings.

Any ideas?