Re: Re: timeout on lock feature - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Henryk Szal
Subject Re: Re: timeout on lock feature
Date
List pgsql-hackers
My typical short transaction run in 3 seconds (on heavy loaded system 30
sec.). But without 'timeout
on lock' it can run 60-180 minutes because someone (user or administrator)
run long transaction.
Timeout value is negligible. I set one to 10 sec. because if my two (3 sec.)
transaction are in conflict, then
both will be executed (second 3 sec. later).