Re: Multitenent architecture - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: Multitenent architecture
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2020-06-04 at 23:52 +0800, Vasu Madhineni wrote:
> We are planning a POC on multitenant architecture in Postgres, Could you please
> help us with steps for multitenant using schema for each application model.

For few tenants, you can keep identical tables in several schemas and
set "search_path" to select a tenant.

With many tenants, you are better off with one table that holds the
data for all clients.  You can use Row Level Security to have each
tenant see only his or her data, and it might be a good idea to
use list partitioning on the tenant ID.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe