Re: No create table - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Anderson Alves de Albuquerque
Subject Re: No create table
Date
List pgsql-admin

 When I use revoke that you send, I revoke  permission in all database. Is there possible I use this revoke in one BD only?

On 7/27/07, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
Anderson Alves de Albuquerque  wrote:
> I need to use a user that can not have permission to create table in one
> BD.
>
> I use revoke,  I tray with "revoke all on database XXX to|from USERNAME;",
> but I don't have success.
>
> Could someone help me?

You have to revoke permissions from the _schema_, not from databases.
Say,

revoke all on schema PUBLIC FROM PUBLIC;
revoke all on schema PUBLIC FROM username;

You have to remove from PUBLIC because otherwise the user will still
have permissions to create via that privilege, even if you take his own
permission away (if he had one at all actually).

--
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/

.