Re: maximum number of backtrace frames logged by backtrace_functions - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: maximum number of backtrace frames logged by backtrace_functions
Date
List pgsql-docs
On 07.02.22 17:42, Fujii Masao wrote:
> On 2022/02/08 1:12, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> This change looks good to me.  There is also backtrace code in
>> assert.c that might want the same treatment.
>
> Yeah, that's good idea! The attached patch also adds the same treatment
> into assert.c.

I don't know if using write_stderr() is the right thing here.  Since
backtrace_symbols_fd() writes directly to stderr in any case, the whole
Windows-specific eventlog dance in write_stderr() wouldn't make sense
even if this feature supported Windows.  So I'd just do a straight
fprintf(stderr) there.