Re: Database migration to RDS issues permissions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Database migration to RDS issues permissions
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/19/2016 11:12 AM, Fran ... wrote:
> Hi,
>

> You were right and I have tried to grant that role to user and I get
> following errors..
>

> /pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:/
> /pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 4335; 2606 151422 FK
> CONSTRAINT worker_id_refs_id_6fd8ce95 owneruser/
> /pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  relation
> "public.worker_status" does not exist/
> /    Command was: ALTER TABLE ONLY public.worker_status DROP CONSTRAINT
> worker_id_refs_id_6fd8ce95;/
>
> /pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 4079; 1259 151046
> INDEX id_e owneruser/
> /pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  index
> "id_e" does not exist/
> /    Command was: DROP INDEX public.id_e;/
>
> I run the dump from origin with postgres user.

Alright, I bit the bullet and set up a test Postgres RDS instance. The only way I
could get anything to load was to follow the instructions here:

http://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/66372/moving-a-postgres-database-from-standalone-local-db-to-amazon-rds

and that was only after finding a database that did not have plpythonu
installed as that is uninstallable.

So I ended up with:

pg_restore -C -d test -h testdb.xxxxxxxxxxx.rds.amazonaws.com -p 5432 -U rds_user --no-owner --no-privileges b_app.out

I think I will stick with my policy of not using RDS.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com