Re: Rules and conditions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From George Silva
Subject Re: Rules and conditions
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello guys,

Still having some trouble with this.

I'm trying to use a case when, but postgres is still giving me syntax error.

CREATE OR REPLACE RULE instead_update AS ON UPDATE TO foo
DO INSTEAD
(
CASE SELECT exists(SELECT 1 FROM versioning.foo_version_1 WHERE
OLD.oid = NEW.oid) as a WHEN a=true THEN
        UPDATE versioning.foo_version_1 SET
            oid = new.oid,
            att1 = new.att1,
            att2 = new.att2,
            the_geom = new.the_geom,
            status = 'UPDATE'
        WHERE oid = new.oid;
    WHEN a=false THEN
        INSERT INTO versioning.foo_version_1(NEW.*,'UPDATE');
END
);

Any thoughts?

Thanks