Re: [HACKERS] logical replication syntax (was DROP SUBSCRIPTION,query cancellations and slot handling) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: [HACKERS] logical replication syntax (was DROP SUBSCRIPTION,query cancellations and slot handling)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 05/02/2017 05:13 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 7:46 AM, Petr Jelinek
>> <petr.jelinek@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>> DROP SUBSCRIPTION mysub NODROP SLOT;

> Having said that, I doubt that anyone would argue that CREATE USER is
> anything but legacy syntax, or that our more recent syntax designs aren't
> better models to follow.
>
> It's not quite too late to revisit the syntax of the log rep commands
> ... shall we add this as an open item?

I would think so. Just in reading this, even if we keep a similar syntax
it should be DROP SLOT NO or DROP SLOT FALSE.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/                        +1-503-667-4564