Re: fixing CREATEROLE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From walther@technowledgy.de
Subject Re: fixing CREATEROLE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Mark Dilger:
> Robert's patch tries to deal with the (possibly unwanted) role membership by setting up defaults to mitigate the
effects,but that is more confusing to me than just de-conflating role membership from role administration, and giving
rolecreators administration over roles they create, without in so doing giving them role membership.  I don't recall
enoughdetails about how hard it is to de-conflate role membership from role administration, and maybe that's a
non-starterfor reasons I don't recall at the moment.

Isn't this just GRANT .. WITH SET FALSE, INHERIT FALSE, ADMIN TRUE? That
should allow role administration, without actually granting membership
in that role, yet, right?

Best,

Wolfgang