Re: SCHEMA compatibility with Oracle/DB2/Firebird - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris
Subject Re: SCHEMA compatibility with Oracle/DB2/Firebird
Date
List pgsql-general
> You'll probably be best off explicitly providing schema names for your common
> functions, e.g. SELECT * FROM common.mytable . Depending on your app,
> that could be better from a security point of view in PostgreSQL as well,
> if you want to prevent your users from sneakily replacing the common
> database objects.
>
> Ian Barwick

In our case the schema's and users are a way to separate data as much
as possible.  There aren't any physical users who can do their own
queries.  Still a good idea though, that much less of a chance for bad
things to happen in case of a bug in the code.

Chris