Limiting USAGE to only certain objects within a schema - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris
Subject Limiting USAGE to only certain objects within a schema
Date
List pgsql-general
Basically what I want is to limit a user to not being able to view
certain tables within a schema, in this case the public schema.   Say
we have 300 tables in a database but a particular user only needs
access to 3 of them.  I don't really want them to even be able to view
all the other tables.  Using separate databases isn't possible because
a web application running under mod perl needs access to all the
tables, and I don't want to keep a pool of persistant connections open
for 300+ databases.

I would rather avoid using schema's to do this if I can, but I think
that's the only way to get what I want.

Chris