Problem while reading from some tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Davide
Subject Problem while reading from some tables
Date
Re: Problem while reading from some tables  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
If a make a very simple query from the psql shell:

nuovo_mercato=> SELECT * FROM prezzi;
        before or while processing the request.
        We have lost the connection to the backend, so further
        processing is impossible.  Terminating.

..and psql dies leaving me a bash.
My database "nuovo_mercato" contains 5 tables. 3 of them are
accessible, 2 are not. Sometimes I read something like this:

nuovo_mercato=> SELECT * FROM var_ieri;
ERROR:  var_0ieri: Table does not exist.

but I wrote "var_ieri" and not "var_0ieri"!! Of course table
"var_ieri" *does* exist!

What's happening?
I use postgresql 6.5.3-26 on debian GNU/linux potato

Thank U