Re: help with query: advanced ORDER BY... - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: help with query: advanced ORDER BY...
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Jan 15, 2006, at 11:15 , <me@alternize.com> <me@alternize.com> wrote:

> the movie schedules for theatres normally contains the information
> theater_id, screen_date, screen_time, screen_number, movie_name and
> should be outputed accordingly. it now happens to have some cinema
> multiplex owners who for some reasons do not want to publish the
> screen_number to the public - but the internal data we receive does
> contain that information.

Something you may consider doing is creating a view that masks the
screen_number in those cases, something like

create view schedule_public_view as
select theater_id
    , screen_date
    , screen_time
    , case when no_screen_number then 0 else screen_number  end as
screen_number
    , movie_name
from schedules;

Michael Glaesemann