Re: [JDBC] can't access through SSL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Maz Mohammadi
Subject Re: [JDBC] can't access through SSL
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for sharing some pointers with me.  You are right, it's not actually=
 an JDBC driver issue.  I posted it on jdbc, because I'm accessing it from =
a jdbc client, I thought there might be some security issues with the JDBC =
driver.

1) I'm running postgres-xc v. 9.1.  I'm "pretty" sure that my postgres setu=
p is correct.  Another person from this distribution list help me a bit.  T=
his test shows me that the ssl is setup correctly on my server...

----------
postgres-xc@adminuser-VirtualBox:~/datanode2$ psql=20
psql (PGXC 1.0.0, based on PG 9.1.4)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=3D# \q
postgres-xc@adminuser-VirtualBox:~/datanode2$ psql -h localhost
psql: FATAL:  connection requires a valid client certificate
FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "127.0.0.1", user "postgres-xc", data=
base "postgres", SSL off
postgres-xc@adminuser-VirtualBox:~/datanode2$
------------

2) My client is a tomcat server.  I've placed JDBC3 drivers (jar file) in t=
he WEB-INF lib directory of my webapp.=20

3) MY jdbc url is "jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432:testdb?ssl=3Dtrue", and=
 believe me.... username and password are correct.

4) Both postgres and tomcat are running on the same machine (an Ubuntu linu=
x virtual box). =20

5) when I try to create a JDBC datasource on my tomcat, I enter the JDBC ur=
l + user + password, and I'm expecting it to be able to connect to it and a=
t least get a "test successful" but I don't.  I get the error that I sent..=
.
"Connection attempt failed: FATAL: connection requires a valid client certi=
ficate"

6) I've also specified the following java options..
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=3D/home/adminuser/pentaho/keycerts/mazstore -Dja=
vax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=3Dpassword

I'll post this on the other distribution list.  BTW, I don't see much in th=
e log files under /var/log directory.

-maz