Re: comment doesn't accept expressions returning text - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: comment doesn't accept expressions returning text
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thanks for the feedback, Andrew.

On Nov 24, 2005, at 12:02 , Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> To change this would involve changing the grammar.

I thought it might—and am thinking it might be all that would need
changing.

> You could possibly write a stored proc that manipulated pg_description
> directly.

I thought about that, and thought that I'd rather make a more general
fix if there weren't any objections to allowing COMMENT ON to accept
any text input (rather than just a string). Given the option, I'd
rather not have to carry around a function to do this.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com