Re: Postgres High Availablity Solution needed for hot-standby and load balancing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guido Neitzer
Subject Re: Postgres High Availablity Solution needed for hot-standby and load balancing
Date
List pgsql-general
On 30.11.2007, at 12:50, Shane Ambler wrote:

>> I project where the "latest news" page shows the newest entry from
>> March 2005 and the install talks only about PostgreSQL 8.0 isn't
>> really inspiring confidence ...
>
> Although they aren't the fastest with releases, they really aren't
> as bad as that.

Nicely said ... ;-) Yeah, I was looking at the wrong site. Maybe there
should be a redirect to the new page to avoid that.

I have last looked at pgcluster back in 2005 when I was trying to find
an affordable multi master solution an the setup sounded so horrific
that we spent about 10k EUR to get a different solution that is
actually working fine now. Setting this up on just two machines was
about 10 minutes work ...

I hope the setup has changed to the better.

cug