Re: Postgres High Availablity Solution needed for hot-standby and load balancing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shane Ambler
Subject Re: Postgres High Availablity Solution needed for hot-standby and load balancing
Date
List pgsql-general
Guido Neitzer wrote:
> On 30.11.2007, at 02:34, Usama Dar wrote:
>
>> Have you looked at pgCluster
>
> I project where the "latest news" page shows the newest entry from March
> 2005 and the install talks only about PostgreSQL 8.0 isn't really
> inspiring confidence ...

Although they aren't the fastest with releases, they really aren't as
bad as that.

You would be looking at http://pgcluster.projects.postgresql.org/ which
has been neglected for some time. You can find the most current source
downloads at pgfoundry http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgcluster/ which
has the last release at May 2007. The project home is now at
http://www.pgcluster.org (but they seem to use pgfoundry to store the
release tarballs)

Also Cybertec appears to have branched off from pgcluster
http://www.postgresql.at/english/pr_cybercluster_e.html

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL@Sheeky.Biz