Re: Configure template change to use SysV Semaphors on darwin - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Chris Marcellino
Subject Re: Configure template change to use SysV Semaphors on darwin
Date
List pgsql-patches
Using pgbench, on 1 million records at each of 1, 10 and 100
concurrent users, I get the same results before and after the patch.
I'm not sure if pgbench is the most appropriate benchmark for this
though.
The upside to using the SysV sema code on Darwin, to my
understanding, is that the SysV semaphores use less memory (and no
fd's). Darwin can support about 85k SysV semaphores system-wide, so
it has no need for tuning in that respect, which is nice.

Chris Marcellino