RE: temp_file_limit parameter ignored? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Erwin Fritz
Subject RE: temp_file_limit parameter ignored?
Date
List pgsql-admin
I ran "select pg_reload_conf()" and it returned "t".

Originally, I had edited postgresql.conf, changing the temp_file_limit parameter. After that I did "pg_ctl stop"
followedby "pg_ctl start". No errors were reported, but yet the 4GB limit is still reported by "show temp_file_limit".

I then ran this:

psql <db> postgres
  alter system set temp_file_limit to -1;
  show temp_file_limit;

And it STILL shows 4GB! However, as expected, the postgresql.auto.conf file has the -1 value.

Weird!

This message is intended only for the recipient(s) to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privilegedand confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
allcopies.