Re: BUG #18484: "Cannot enlarge string buffer" during parallel execution of prepared statement/partitioning - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: BUG #18484: "Cannot enlarge string buffer" during parallel execution of prepared statement/partitioning
Date
In response to Re: BUG #18484: "Cannot enlarge string buffer" during parallel execution of prepared statement/partitioning  (David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
> On 30 May 2024, at 11:55, David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's not as if it's a message we expect
> many people to see, but if they do see it, it's probably going to be
> analyzed quite a bit. Having the highest level of detail for that
> seems like a good idea.  I don't think it should leave any other
> questions other than "Why is Postgres trying to build such a long
> string?".

Good point.

> Not on purpose. I do think (%zu bytes) would be better than (%zu).  I
> only thought about that while typing "MB" in the 2nd email.

+1

--
Daniel Gustafsson