Re: Allow pg_read_all_stats to read pg_stat_progress_* - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrey M. Borodin
Subject Re: Allow pg_read_all_stats to read pg_stat_progress_*
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> 15 апр. 2020 г., в 15:25, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> написал(а):
>

> I think that makes perfect sense. The documentation explicitly says "can read all pg_stat_* views", which is clearly
wrong-- so either the code or the docs should be fixed, and it looks like it's the code that should be fixed to me.
Should it be bug or v14 feature?

Also pgstatfuncs.c contains a lot more checks of has_privs_of_role(GetUserId(), beentry->st_userid).
Maybe grant them all?

> As for the patch, one could argue that we should just store the resulting boolean instead of re-running the check
(e.g.have a "bool has_stats_privilege" or such), but perhaps that's an unnecessary micro-optimization, like the
attached.

Looks good to me.

Thanks!

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.