Re: Feature request/suggestion - CREATE SCHEMA LIKE - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Decibel!
Subject Re: Feature request/suggestion - CREATE SCHEMA LIKE
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mar 18, 2008, at 7:17 AM, Joris Dobbelsteen wrote:
>>    Features like CREATE DATABASE WITH TEMPLATE or CREATE TABLE LIKE
>> are very usefull but it would be great to have such a feature on the
>> mid-level too. I mean something CREATE SCHEMA LIKE that would copy
>> all
>> the template schema relations, etc...
>>  What do you think about it ? Would it be hard to implement ? Is it
>> worth the effort
> I believe the CREATE DATABASE was because of the way postgresql
> creates a database. I thought it just copied the template database
> (but are not completely sure).

You are correct. This is why the database used as a template can't
have anyone connected to it; if somebody was, we can't get a
consistent filesystem-level copy of the database.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org

Attachment