Re: No timeout to establish Connection? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Roman Fail
Subject Re: No timeout to establish Connection?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Scot:
That's a great suggestion, and one that I will definitely make use of in the future.  However, the hardware has now
beenreplaced and everything is working again.  It's not the kind of problem that I can think of a way to replicate, so
I'mstuck providing anecdotes and not hard facts.

Thanks for your input!

Roman

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Scot Floess [mailto:floesss@dstm.com]
    Sent: Thu 7/3/2003 12:11 PM
    To: Roman Fail; pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
    Subject: RE: [JDBC] No timeout to establish Connection?

    Roman:

    I really don't have an answer to this...but I would like to make a comment.
    You "think" that your code is stuck in DriverManager.getConnection().  To
    confirm, you can issue a kill -QUIT on the pid of the java process.  This
    will give you a thread dump of all threads...which will include what methods
    are currently executing.  If you do this twice over a period of time you
    might better see where the problem is...for instance it may not be
    DriverManager.getConnection().

    Again, I really don't have an answer but I find issuing the kill -QUIT <PID>
    to be very useful when debugging java problems...

    Scot