The server lacks instrumentation functions - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Elford,Andrew [Ontario]
Subject The server lacks instrumentation functions
Date
List pgadmin-support
I still get that message using pgAdmin 1.4.0
(d/l from http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin3/release/v1.4.0/win32/
today)

I'm running postgresql 8.0.3 on a gentoo server and PgAdmin from
windows.  (pgAdmin 1.2.2 works fine) I get this "hint" when using
pgAdmin1.4.0 " you need to create the instrumentation functions in your
maintenance database using the admin.sql script" .  postgresql sources
don't seem to come with that script...???

I tried upgrading to 8.0.4 and it got worse :)  Anyone know what's going
on?

On 25/10/05 9:26 pm, "Jean-Pierre Pelletier" <pelletier_32 ( at )
sympatico ( dot ) ca>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> PGAdmin display "The server lacks instrumentation functions"
> when opening server status.
> I got rid of that message by manually executing admin81.sql in
database
> "postgres".
>
> Is this the intended behavior?

No, it's been fixed for the current betas though.

Thanks for the report.

Regards, Dave