Re: Parallel Seq Scan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kouhei Kaigai
Subject Re: Parallel Seq Scan
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 2:35 AM, Kouhei Kaigai <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com> wrote:
> > Gather node was oversight by readfunc.c, even though it shall not be
> > serialized actually.
> > Also, it used incompatible WRITE_xxx_FIELD() macro on outfuncs.c.
> >
> > The attached patch fixes both of incomsistence.
>
> Thanks.  You missed READ_DONE() but fortunately my compiler noticed
> that oversight.  Committed with that fix.

I could find one other strangenes, at explain.c.
       case T_Gather:           {               Gather *gather = (Gather *) plan;
               show_scan_qual(plan->qual, "Filter", planstate, ancestors, es);               if (plan->qual)
      show_instrumentation_count("Rows Removed by Filter", 1,                                              planstate,
es);              ExplainPropertyInteger("Number of Workers",                                      gather->num_workers,
es);              if (gather->single_copy)                   ExplainPropertyText("Single Copy",
             gather->single_copy ? "true" : "false",                                       es);           }
break;

What is the intention of the last if-check?
The single_copy is checked in the argument of ExplainPropertyText().

Thanks,
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>