Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kouhei Kaigai
Subject Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 2:35 AM, Kouhei Kaigai <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com> wrote:
> >> FYI, patch v12 part 2 no longer applies cleanly.
> >>
> > Thanks. I rebased the patch set according to the latest master branch.
> > The attached v13 can be applied to the master.
>
> I've committed parts 1 and 2 of this, without the documentation, and with
> some additional cleanup.  I am not sure that this feature is sufficiently
> non-experimental that it deserves to be documented, but if we're thinking
> of doing that then the documentation needs a lot more work.  I think part
> 3 of the patch is mostly useful as a demonstration of how this API can be
> used, and is not something we probably want to commit.  So I'm not planning,
> at this point, to spend any more time on this patch series, and will mark
> it Committed in the CF app.

Thanks for your great help.

I and Hanada-san have discussed a further enhancement of that interface
that allows to replace a join by custom-scan; probably, can be utilized
with an extension that runs materialized-view instead of join on the fly.
We will submit a design proposal of this enhancement later.

Best regards,
--
NEC OSS Promotion Center / PG-Strom Project
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>