postgres with graph model - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Philipp Kraus
Subject postgres with graph model
Date
Re: postgres with graph model  (Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I’m using in a project Postgresql and PostGIS for a geospatial data model, but now I need also a graph in this
structure,so my question is, is there any existing

extension for Postgres to build a graph. I found ltree but this is for tree structures only, not for graphs. In general
Ihave different undirected weighted graphs. So

I need some routing algorithms based on the graph weights, distance calculation between nodes. My first idea was to use
agraph database e.g neo4j, but I have

got a limitation, that the whole system should be designed in Postgres.
Did you can give some ideas to build a graph within Postgres?

Thanks

Phil